School Health Guidelines
When should my student stay home from school….?
- If your student has been ill during the night, (upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) the following day he/she should be kept home.
- The student should not be sent to school to see if he/she is well enough to be there.
- If your student has a cold, he/she should be kept home until mucous drainage and coughing have stopped.
- If your student complains of not feeling well in the morning, his/her temperature should be taken. When your student has a temperature of 100.5 degrees or greater, he/she should be kept home until the temperature has been normal for 24 hours.
- If your student has thick mucus or pus drainage from the eye or pink eye he/she should be kept home.
- If your student has a body rash, especially with fever or itching, he/she should be kept home.
If your student has been absent due to a communicable disease, please indicate the disease on the written excuse when he/she returns to school.
Please have an emergency telephone number on file at the school for the school to use in case of injury or illness when the parent cannot be reached through normal channels.
We are extremely proud of our staff and feel certain that we are prepared to give your child a high-quality education. You have the right to request information regarding professional qualifications of your child’s classroom teacher(s) or paraprofessional(s). This includes: if the teacher has met state licensing requirements for the grade level and subjects in which the teacher is providing instruction; if state licensing requirements have been waived for the teacher on a temporary basis; the type of college degree of the teacher and the field of discipline for any graduate degree or certificate; and if your child is receiving Title I/LAP services from teachers and/or paraprofessionals and their qualifications as well.
A decision regarding the cancellation or delay of school will be made by about 5 AM on the school day. You can get information about the status of school by tuning into most major radio and television stations. Updated school closure information also will be posted on our district's Internet site, on the Public Schools Emergency Communications System website, www.flashalert.net or can be found by calling the district hotline at (360) 629-1240.
Bus Routes and Transportation
Parents are able to access individual student transportation information on-line! Versatran eLink is the portal to access bus route, stop time, location, and the bus your child will be riding. At the login page the "User Name" and "Password" is your student's 7-digit identification number.
Alternately, parents may contact the bus garage for route information: 360-629-1229
REMINDER: All students need to be at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to their stop time.
Kindergarten Parents: To assure your child's safety, please arrive at the bus stop in the morning and after school 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time for pick-up and drop-off. Parents or guardians MUST meet the bus in the afternoon or your child will be returned to the school or transportation center.
For more information, please call the Transportation Center at 360-629-1229.
Mobile devices: Bookmark the following URL, http://elink.scsd.ac
Page 2 of 2