Mandatory Volunteer Training
At Stanwood Elementary, we value our classroom and school volunteers. All Volunteers need to fill out a volunteer clearance form and attend a 30 minute Harrassment, Intimidation, or Bullying (HIB) training.
Trainings currently scheduled:
Thursday, Sept 21 - 3:45pm & 5:30pm in the library
Tuesday, Sep 26 - 9:15am - location TBD
If you wish to be trained and these times do not fit your schedule, please call the Stanwood Elementary office and make a request.
This training is mandatory for those who wish to volunteer. More training sessions may be available at a later date. Please call the office if you need a training before the next date is scheduled.
School Health Guidelines
When should my student stay home from school….?
- If your student has been ill during the night, (upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) the following day he/she should be kept home.
- The student should not be sent to school to see if he/she is well enough to be there.
- If your student has a cold, he/she should be kept home until mucous drainage and coughing have stopped.
- If your student complains of not feeling well in the morning, his/her temperature should be taken. When your student has a temperature of 100.5 degrees or greater, he/she should be kept home until the temperature has been normal for 24 hours.
- If your student has thick mucus or pus drainage from the eye or pink eye he/she should be kept home.
- If your student has a body rash, especially with fever or itching, he/she should be kept home.
If your student has been absent due to a communicable disease, please indicate the disease on the written excuse when he/she returns to school.
Please have an emergency telephone number on file at the school for the school to use in case of injury or illness when the parent cannot be reached through normal channels.
Bus Routes and Transportation
Parents are able to access individual student transportation information on-line! Versatran eLink is the portal to access bus route, stop time, location, and the bus your child will be riding. At the login page the "User Name" and "Password" is your student's 7-digit identification number.
Alternately, parents may contact the bus garage for route information: 360-629-1229
REMINDER: All students need to be at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to their stop time.
Kindergarten Parents: To assure your child's safety, please arrive at the bus stop in the morning and after school 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time for pick-up and drop-off. Parents or guardians MUST meet the bus in the afternoon or your child will be returned to the school or transportation center.
For more information, please call the Transportation Center at 360-629-1229.
Mobile devices: Bookmark the following URL, http://elink.scsd.ac
Register for School!
Kindergarten registration for the 2017-2018 school year begins March 1st!
If you have a child to register for the 2017 - 2018 school year, and live within our attendance boundaries, please pick up a registration packet at the school office starting on March 1st. In order for students to be registered, the office must have: registration forms, a copy of their birth certificate, and their immunization records.
Students entering kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31, 2017.
Please call us at (360)629-1250 if you have any questions.
A decision regarding the cancellation or delay of school will be made by about 5 AM on the school day. You can get information about the status of school by tuning into most major radio and television stations. Updated school closure information also will be posted on our district's Internet site, on the Public Schools Emergency Communications System website, www.flashalert.net or can be found by calling the district hotline at (360) 629-1240.