Summer Office Hours
The Stanwood Elementary office will be closed June 30th through August 20th, 2017.
We will be open to accept new student registration for 2017-2018 school year on August 21st at 8:30 am.
Registration packets may be completed at that time or you can download the registration forms from our District Webpage: Registration Forms
Register for School!
Kindergarten registration for the 2017-2018 school year begins March 1st!
If you have a child to register for the 2017 - 2018 school year, and live within our attendance boundaries, please pick up a registration packet at the school office starting on March 1st. In order for students to be registered, the office must have: registration forms, a copy of their birth certificate, and their immunization records.
Students entering kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31, 2017.
Please call us at (360)629-1250 if you have any questions.
A decision regarding the cancellation or delay of school will be made by about 5 AM on the school day. You can get information about the status of school by tuning into most major radio and television stations. Updated school closure information also will be posted on our district's Internet site, on the Public Schools Emergency Communications System website, www.flashalert.net or can be found by calling the district hotline at (360) 629-1240.
School Health Guidelines
When should my student stay home from school….?
- If your student has been ill during the night, (upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) the following day he/she should be kept home.
- The student should not be sent to school to see if he/she is well enough to be there.
- If your student has a cold, he/she should be kept home until mucous drainage and coughing have stopped.
- If your student complains of not feeling well in the morning, his/her temperature should be taken. When your student has a temperature of 100.5 degrees or greater, he/she should be kept home until the temperature has been normal for 24 hours.
- If your student has thick mucus or pus drainage from the eye or pink eye he/she should be kept home.
- If your student has a body rash, especially with fever or itching, he/she should be kept home.
If your student has been absent due to a communicable disease, please indicate the disease on the written excuse when he/she returns to school.
Please have an emergency telephone number on file at the school for the school to use in case of injury or illness when the parent cannot be reached through normal channels.